Vitamin C plays an essential role in the immune system. It is found in every cell of our body and performs various functions:
- It aids in fighting off foreign invaders.
- It has natural antihistamine properties.
- It is required for the production of antibodies.
- It is a natural antioxidant which will fight free radical damage and help neutralize pollutants.
- It is vital to the production of collagen, which is involved in the building and health of cartilage, joints, skin, and blood vessels.
- It helps protect the fat-soluble vitamins A and E as well as fatty acids from oxidation.
Vitapurity Buffered Vitamin C Crystals
Much has been written about the usefulness of Vitamin C for both antibacterial and antiviral purposes, and very large doses of Vitamin C have a role in fighting a flu infection. It has been suggested by experts in the usage of Vitamin C that at the first sign of influenza infection the patient should begin taking oral vitamin C to “bowel tolerance”. This would mean taking 1000-4000 mg of Vitamin C until bowels become loose. At that point the vitamin should be maintained or decreased slightly until the bowels normalize. Once the virus is overwhelmed, then a far lower dose will cause loose stools.